Monday, August 5, 2013

I'm different...

         Hi there, just a quick update. I'm free to write nowadays because my 2 weeks Raya break has finally begun, so yea, lots of playing,sleeping and just lazing around the house. It's great though to take a break from the kids, gosh it's really tiring, honestly I don't know whether I have the patience to deal with them. My O-level student has psychological problem in my opinion, she has mood swings,utterly rude and impolite to teachers and overreacting most of the time. From what I've heard she's been bullied in school and that her parents don't pay her any attention,both working patients,what do you expect and one more thing she's a foreigner. Bullying is really subjective,one might be very sensitive and just take anything seriously,be affected by it and call it bullying. Nowadays,children are so pampered that I'm not surprised that even words like crazy used in a jokingly manner is considered verbal abuse. If it is done repetitively verbally or physically,it is considered as abuse but if people/friends just say stuff jokingly, we should just play along,don't you think? Again,it's subjective. I don't know how to deal with her to be honest, I've had a talk with her during my first week and told her everyone has problems,I have my share of problems, it is up to you how to deal with them. Seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

      I'm really trying to understand what are they going to achieve by throwing tantrums and lashing out at everyone around them. How does it solve your problem? One thing you have to understand is that the world doesn't revolve around you, you don't go forcing your problems on people expecting them to understand, to pity you. Self-pity, it's common and its such a nuisance how it just sucks the life out of someone. Look around you, the world is beautiful, the people are. Problems are inevitable, it's just the question of how you look at it, yea it's difficult,easier said than done, but it's psychological, you have to venture more, experience and see for yourself how some people live their life and be thankful.

     I'm still afraid, afraid that people would finally see who I really am inside and I'm sure some would be disgusted. I have no control over it, psychological or not,I'm not too sure but for now I'm just going to put it aside and focus on my education. I'll 'go with the flow' as people say and I hope that one day I'll be strong to face it.

No comments:

Post a Comment